As we age, one of the dental issues we may experience is receding gumlines. There can be a myriad of issues to cause receding gums; many people feel that there is no other option than having gum grafting surgery to correct the issue. There are many options available to try before deciding to have such an invasive treatment. As always, you should consult with a dental professional about all treatments.
There are several things you can do to encourage gum regrowth. Please consider incorporating some of these habits into your daily dental care routine, before you find yourself having gum surgery.
- Determine what issues are causing the gums to recede. In many cases, it is gum disease. You should seek the assistance of your dentist to see the best course of treatment.
- Avoid caustic products that can hurt gums like tobacco and snuff.
- Lack of vitamin A and other vitamins can cause receding gums, so take a daily supplement.
- Many people find baking soda made into a paste with peroxide can stimulate gum growth.
- Properly brush and floss your teeth daily.
Recessed gums can be detrimental to keeping your natural teeth, so be sure to give your gums the same care you give your teeth. If all natural activities don’t work, you may have to consider gum recontouring.
Leave a Reply